Sunday, June 3, 2007

A much needed rest

I'm finally on vacation. 3 glorious weeks off. This break has been much anticipated. This year has been worse than most. Work has been hectic. I became the prep cook this year, so while the work was a little more stressful than what I was doing, it's more rewarding also. Plus as an extra bonus, I don't have to deal with the kids at the school much anymore. Some of them are really good kids, but the others are total spoiled brats. It's better for everyone if I'm in the background, hahaha.

In about a week and a half Jenn will make her appearance here in Virginia and I can't wait. She is so much fun. She's bringing her son, who is the same age as mine. They should have fun playing together. It will be her son's first time on an airplane. We're all going to the beach and to Busch Gardens Williamsburg while they're here. It will be her son's first time seeing the ocean. So many firsts for him. So many experiences that he'll carry with him for a lifetime. I'm privileged to be a part of it. Miffy will be at the beach. She's staying with Kim this time. We'll catch up with them at the beach and then we'll all go to Busch Gardens. Much fun will be had.

The new Anita Blake book comes out on Tuesday, as does the new Tiger Army album. So much to buy, so little money. The new Harry Potter book and the new MaryJanice Davidson book come out in July. The new Harry Potter movie also makes an appearance in July. It's going to be a good summer.

I think that's all for now. Time to go listen to a little Voltaire and relax.

No comments: