Easter, the time when all good children get candy and all naughty children get to go to church. Not really, but usually holidays involving presents has some king of good/bad thing going on. What does happen if your naughty on Easter? Does the easter bunny take back his eggs? Do you get coal instead of chocolate? I personally favor getting "a bag of switches", as my grandmother used to say. That was what we would get for Christmas from Santa if we were bad. Somehow, now that I think of it, giving a "bad" child a bag of switches seems like a bad idea. Wouldn't that child then just use the switches to beat everyone within reach? And for those of you who aren't from the south, a bag of switches means you get a bag of limbs off a bush that would be long, thin, and good for getting your ass whipped. Not that I ever received such a spanking, mine always involved a belt. Ah, childhood memories...
Happy Easter everyone. Or as my friend Jeremy so eloquently put it "Happy Zombie Jesus Day"!
Sunday, April 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment