Friday, April 13, 2007

Show review

As you can see, I forgot to post the review of the show on Wednesday. You shouldn't be suprised by that, haha.

We got to Kim's house in time to have dinner with her. Kim got pizza for everyone but me and I got a could-have-been-possibly-poisoned turkey sandwich (we weren't sure how long mayonaise lasts). Sarah and I then left for the venue. We wanted to be there a little early so we could get a good spot. We got the best spot right up front by the stage! Yay! The opening act was slightly late coming on but they were really good. I had never heard them before but they made a new fan that night. The band's name is And One and they are a german electronica band. Very high energy. The singer has a great personality too.

Then VNV Nation took the stage and despite a few minor glitches with the sound and mic the show was beyond amazing. They are a very interactive band. Ronan spent lots of time talking to the audience. They encourage audience participation. They like you to scream, clap, sing along, dance, just generally have a good time. Someone kept buying the band drinks and being the nice guys they were, they drank them. Ronan even handed out water during the show (and thank God for that!). I must have looked pathetic enough because I got a bottle. Sorry to anyone who reads this that took a drink from my bottle. If you have a cold now, it's because I had a cold that night.

VNV Nation played for about 2 to 2 1/2 hours. They were amazing and I can't wait to go see them again.

No comments: